Sunday, April 16, 2017

Blog "L"

Chapter Twelve.

In reading through the module this week, I am pleased that I have reached the confidence in my technology abilities.  I saw the varying levels of the stages of integration. I am pleased that I am now in the appropriation tier.




http://static.toondoo.com/public/c/i/n/cincinnatikids3/toons/cool-cartoon-11124741.png
Angela Stewart via Toondoo


In following the module, there was a presentation on Interactive White Boards. I had not really thought about the cons of the board. I have always thought they were useful in the classroom, because the technologies made whole class instruction easier. I liked that the students can also use it collaboratively, or the teacher can use it as a tool in her classroom.

While I am sure there are drawbacks, I am not sure how much I buy into them. The arguments to me seemed weak, especially in regards to the authoritarian teacher lecturing to the class. I believe teachers have to be authoritarian, or the class will get off track. We as educators are expected to be gate keepers, reach a broad spectrum of learners, and effective teachers, and I believe technology is a useful tool in helping teachers do all those things.

Among the cons, I read that students often lose interest after using the white boards. I say the same can be said about textbooks, and various other classroom mainstays. There are also thoughts that children would play with the wires, but there are various wire covers that could be installed to prevent that.

I also think that there are so many more pros to interactive white boards.

                                         Angela Stewart via word it out




In all, I hope to be able to infuse my classroom with technology; rather than to just use the idea of inclusion. I hope to find useful and creative tools to engage my students and help them become excited about learning, and become lifelong learners.

Resources:


Maloy, R. W., Verock-O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S. A., & Woolf, B. P. (2017). Transforming learning with new technologies. Boston: Pearson.

Stewart, A. B. (2017, April 16). Retrieved April 16, 2017, from http://www.toondoo.com/cartoon/11124741

Stewart, A. B. (2017, April 16). Untitled. Retrieved April 16, 2017, from https://worditout.com/word-cloud/2131788







No comments:

Post a Comment